8.06.2012

Eye Candy


Years of reading fashion and beauty magazines have trained my eye to admire a particularly polished kind of makeup look.  Perfectly groomed brows, softly blended shadow and flawless skin have become the air-brushed norm, making anything outside of this set of standards seem strange.  That's initially the word that came to mind when I flipped through this book at the library.  I could actually see real skin, eye shadows appeared to need a bit more blending, and brows were perfectly wild.  And after some time reading the artist's bio and learning her tips and techniques for different looks, I became intrigued and gave one try.  Let me say one thing:  never have I gotten more compliments on my eye makeup in one day.  It was astounding...  and flattering... and gave me the perfect opportunity to tout my latest beauty find.  So of course I had to share it here too.  Check out some of my favorite looks below...


famous makeup artist and author Linda Mason



this is the look I tried, called 'Lucky'





No comments:

Post a Comment