7.15.2012

Purple Rainbow Nails


After reading some tips in a favorite magazine of mine on how to do the rainbow nail trend, I decided to give it a try.  One helpful suggestion was to choose colors in the same range, therefore avoiding an overly wild kind of result.

I got to work quickly categorizing my polish collection into blues, greens, oranges and purples.  From that point it was only a matter of deciding which to start with.  It was tough to pick between the oranges and purples, especially since orange shades are so flattering against tan summer skin.  Since we just started seeing regular days filled with sunshine around here, I opted for the former as a good place to start and also liked the idea of it complimenting the colors in my mother's ring.

The result is a fun, chic look that produced a few compliments the following day... and now I have the oranges to look forward to trying out as my tan develops throughout the rest of summer.





 Polish colors I used:

  • OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender
  • OPI Do You Lilac It?
  • OPI Can You Dig It?
  • L'OREAL After Hours
  • SINFUL COLORS Nirvana
  • JORDANA Gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment